Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Shop is Back!

Well, friends, I am returned from my European travels, and my Etsy shop is back in business! Here's the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchPrincess

From May 19th through July 29th, I studied abroad in Europe. With 41 other students, from 8 other Christian colleges across the country, I traveled through 13 European countries in 10 weeks. Professors came with us, teaching four international business classes along the way. It was a most enjoyable experience!

But, it is nice to be back home. I did not enjoy living out of a suitcase with few outfits and no sewing machine! During the sixth and seventh weeks, when we were in residence in Holland, I almost went crazy with sewing urges.

Since I've come home, I have begun to sew a dress (modifications are in progress, though, because I do not like the style as much as I originally thought). Several more ideas are swirling in my head, but I would also like to have some orders from Etsy. We'll see . . .

I also evaluated all of the clothing in my closet, sorting out about half of it to send to Goodwill. If I won't ever wear it again, why do I keep it? I am altering some clothes that I haven't worn in a while. If the clothes fit better, I am more likely to wear them.

BUT, I also have the goal of not buying any new clothing this year. Yikes, that will be hard. I figure, I need to pay off college loans, and I don't really need more clothing. I bought a fair amount in preparation for my summer trip, as well as a few things in Europe. If anything, I plan to sew clothing (probably dresses), since it is much cheaper and more fun!

So, that's where I am now. A smaller, better-fitting closet and a desire for profitable sewing projects. If you hear of someone with a sewing need (before August 24th, at which time I will go back to college), please let me know . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are precious--please share them!