Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January Design, Parts Three & Four


Goal #1 from my 13 in 2013 list: 
Design something new every week in January (for Spring), March (for Summer), June (for Fall), and September (for Winter). 
Ok, so January got away from me before I posted these, but I did design!

Designs #3 & #4

Fashion Shirts

Recently, designs for shirts have been popping into my head quite often! It's so much fun! Though, I haven't made many shirts, so we'll see if I still enjoy shirts while I'm sewing them ;)

The first shirt has 3/4-length sleeves, a mild scoop neck, and and falls to the hips. This has a waistband, to create and hourglass figure, and is loose enough on the hips to be comfortable.

I plan to make it from knit or woven fabric.
If knit, most of the shirt will be in a solid color, with a thin waistband of a contrasting color.
If woven, it will be of a solid or elegantly printed fabric, with a thin elastic waistband to produce a slimming effect.


The second shirt emphasizes a woman's form, but in a different way from the first. Instead of accenting the waistline, it falls loose from the shoulders/bust and is tighter at the hips. The looseness at the waistline creates the illusion of a small waist :)

This shirt will be made of cotton, silky, or peachskin fabric. How cute would it be in a floral print!
If made of a solid color, it might even have decorations on the collar or bodice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are precious--please share them!