Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March Design, Part Two



Goal #1 from my 13 in 2013 list: 
Design something new every week in January (for Spring), March (for Summer), June (for Fall), and September (for Winter). 
Note: March designs will be for Summer and Fall, as I am working on my Fall Line this month.

Design #2 (week of Mar 3-9)

Embroidered Fleece Jacket

In my opinion, not all fleece jackets are created equal. While the typical baggy, hooded sweatshirt is comfortable, it is anything but flattering!

While hoods keep our heads nice and warm, they also add a lot of bulk. I prefer stand-up collars and zippers. Our necks stay warm without being choked. Sounds good to me!

(Note: It is still important to keep your head covered when it's cold outside. Please wear a hat or earmuffs.)

I love the collar, zipper, and fit of this fleece jacket! Plus, there are practical pockets and a cute embroidery design (probably a rose or custom monogram)!

I am making the sample jacket for myself in ivory fleece and gold embroidery. Which colors would you like to see?

10 comments:

  1. Very lovely. I do love the comfort of fleece jacket, but yes they look a little dumpy. I love how yours tapers in at the waist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Faith . .this is adorable! Looking forward to seeing the finished product:) Hmmm on the colors . .I love ivory as well. But I also like black and dark purple . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see turquoise with lime green accents!! Crazy, right? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. I don't wear fleece if I can help it.
    Red would be good, a nice warm colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that design! can't wait to see the finished product! (I would love a light blue...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems you thought of everything, Faith. Let's see it when you're finished

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this very much! Love fleece.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fleece for warmth! I would like to see a deep wine color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so true that fleece jackets are not very flattering. As I am typing right now I am wearing one of those unflattering jackets.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are precious--please share them!